Summer is the time where everyone is off to the beach for fun. Everyone is having the time of their lives while wearing their revealing trunks and two-piece bikinis. And here you are, sitting down and contemplating which summer outfit to wear to avoid those annoying fat on your body being seen.
A lot of people has done different diet regimens to achieve the perfect body. But it’s like a yo-yo process. Where you start the diet, get the perfect body, and then stop the diet and months later the weight creeps back in, and then start the diet again. It’s like stuck on a loop, just like a yo-yo going up and down again and again.
If you’re happy with this type of Lifestyle then go on. Loss weight on summer, and be fat again during winter. Just make sure that you have 2 separate wardrobes that fits you during these seasons. But we don’t want something like that. It’s unhealthy and looks like an ineffective approach to maintaining your weight. So below, we provided some effective diet tips that you should definitely know.
Manage Your Weight Carefully
- You look down and saw your stomach getting bigger than it used to be. To shrink it back again to a more reasonable size, you should:
- Limit your sweets. Having one chocolate bar for a day is enough, don’t be tempted to get another one.
- Choose a more lighter version instead. If you still want that chocolate bar, be sure to eat the “mini” version of it instead. Or just grab a biscuit if you had one.
- Have a healthy breakfast by starting your day with an omelette or a bowl of oatmeal.
- Drink lots of water especially before, during, and after meals. Water fills you up to avoid feeling hungry and can avoid dehydration.
Time to Let Go of All That Weight
- Continuing from the list above, it’s also important to do these things:
- Have soup during lunch for at least once a week. Soups fill you up (because it’s liquid) and will reduce snacking.
- Limit your alcohol intake. If you’re an alcohol lover, you should take note that it’s full of empty calories. If you want to lose weight, limit yourself by only drinking one bottle a week.
- Don’t forget to exercise. And it’s not necessary to go to the gym or have gym equipment on your home. An early morning walk is fine, or chasing your pets outside the garden. But if you want to go extreme, then it’s time to hit the gym to pump that muscle up.
- Try multitasking. Waiting for dinner to get ready? Do stretches. TV commercials? Do arm toning until the show is back.
- And never ever forget having breakfast. There’s an old saying that goes like “Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Lord, and Dine like a Pauper.” The idea of this saying is that you need the most calories and energy by eating the most important meal of the day, and reduce calorie intake during lunch and dinner. So don’t skip breakfast.
The “Secret” Of Diet
So what’s the secret for an effective diet? Use smaller plates. It may sound odd but it actually works.
Having bigger plates is tempting because you have to fill it up until there’s no space left. But by having smaller plates, it doesn’t matter if your plate is full because it’s smaller.
The smaller your plate is, the less food you eat (unless you’re going for a second round).
Always remember when trying to lose weight, you have to use up more calories that consuming them.
It’s normal for the body to feel hungry when you train yourself to eat smaller portions. This is the part where self-control and discipline will take place. Once you achieved that body you’ve been wanting for, always know that the battle isn’t over yet.
Now you need to see what level of food and exercise you should follow to maintain that weight. Be strong and don’t give up! The reward in the end is worth it, and your body will thank you later.