Don’t you just hate sitting all day at your desk for hours and hours, and you’ve got little time to take a break so you just decided to binge on unhealthy junk foods instead. That’s totally a no go. Next time, instead of donuts, try going for a salad instead. Or if there’s a free pizza in the cafeteria, choose the one with a homemade trail mix over it. If this may look hard for you, just remember that the reward in the end is worth it. Here are some more healthy snack options you can get.
- Having a small sandwich is a good way of eating different foods in a small package. And don’t forget to eat the “healthy” kind of sandwich instead of the other one. When choosing sandwiches, make sure it’s using whole grain bread filled with veggies, sauce, and healthy toppings in the center. Now this looks more like a healthier option than devouring those big packs of junk food. A small sandwich can give you about 300 calories depending on what veggies, meat, and sauces are used to it.
Fresh Fruits and Nuts
- Bite-sized fruits and nuts are the best choice if you want snacks on the go. Pack fresh fruit pieces and a handful of nuts before going to work so that you can eat it during break time. It’s healthy and packed with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and healthy fats depending on what type of nuts and seeds you eat. Nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds are best eaten with fresh fruits.
Baby Carrots Paired with a Dip
- Carrots are great, until baby carrots will show up and steal the show. They are small, crunchy, and doesn’t take too much space inside your bag. Eating 8 baby carrots can give you 30 calories. Paired with a homemade salsa or hummus dip will give you the benefits of fiber and healthy fats as well. Carrots is a good source of potassium and Vitamin A which makes them a healthy and tasty snack alternative during mid-work.
Apples and Peanut Butter
- It’s best to pick apples during season and it’s best paired with peanut butter. Apples are rich in fiber and peanut butter can give you an energy boost, which results to a perfect combination if you want a healthy snack. Also, when choosing peanut butter, go for the non-sugar one since it’s a healthier option.
Yogurt with Fruit
- If you’re a dairy lover, then yogurt is the right snack for you. Add some fresh fruits and you have yourself a yummy and healthy snack that’s full of nutrients. Yogurt and fruits are a viable choice when hunger kicks in during your breaks. Plain yogurt mixed with honey is also a good choice. It has calcium, proteins, and probiotics that’s needed for your body.
- A granola bar that consist of different seeds and nuts is yummy and healthy at the same time. And if you want to go further than just granola bars, then a trail mix is the best alternative you can eat. A trail mix consists of healthy nuts such as almonds, walnuts, cashews, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, peanuts, and some candy such as dried and candied fruits and raisins.
- Did you know that popcorn is rich in fiber and contains low calories? This makes them the perfect snack option especially on the go. Bring a bag of popcorn to your work so you can munch them every time you feel hungry. Other flavored options like cheese, peri peri, caramel, and salted popcorn are also good choices.